Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project is completed
ZUMBROTA, Minn. – Construction crews wrapped up final work Nov. 15 on the Highway 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls reconstruction project, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
MnDOT thanks the everyone for their patience and careful driving through the work zone.
Work began in July of 2021 and spanned two more years. During that time, crews:
- Reconstructed 13.5 miles of southbound lanes from just north of Zumbrota to just south of Cannon Falls.
- Built a new Highway 52 interchange at Highway 57/Goodhue County Road 8
- Built new bridges to replace existing structures at:
- Highway 52 over Highway 60 east, south of Zumbrota
- Highway 60 west over Highway 52 at Zumbrota
- Highway 52 southbound over the Zumbro River north of Zumbrota
- A noise wall at Zumbrota
- Snow fence in areas between Goodhue County Road 1 and Goodhue County Road 50
- Closed 20 access points and built connecting frontage roads to improve safety
- Built seven J-turns
- A park and ride lot for Goodhue County at Goodhue CR 8 at the new interchange
Mathiowetz Construction was the prime contractor on the $69.7 million construction project.
Future Highway 52 projects can be reviewed on MnDOT’s Highway 52 corridor website.