Overnight lane closures on I-94 in Moorhead on Thursday
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – Starting Thursday, Aug. 31, at 8 p.m., until approximately 6:30 a.m., on Friday, Sept. 1, motorists traveling on Interstate 94 in Moorhead will encounter overnight lane closures in both directions near 20th Street, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Crews will be making repairs to the pavement surface underneath the 20th Street bridge. The work is occurring during overnight hours to minimize traffic impacts in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
MnDOT urges motorists to always be attentive, drive with caution and slow down in work zones where workers are present. All maintenance activities and traffic impacts are weather dependent and subject to change.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times