Highway 59 south of Thief River Falls roundabout construction complete
Final project completion is expected by late August
BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced today the roundabout at Pennington County Road 3 and Highway 59 south of Thief River Falls is open to traffic. The detour has been lifted. Crews will continue paving, striping, and installing signage throughout the corridor.
Motorists can expect lane closures, flaggers, and pilot car operations. The project is expected to be complete by late August, weather permitting.
The contractor for this $8.6 million dollar project is RJ Zavoral and Sons. This project will create a safer, longer lasting driving surface, improve drainage and a safer intersection. Visit the project website below for more information and sign up for email updates. www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/hwy59-s-trf
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Please join the MnDOT District 2 Facebook group for updates on construction, road conditions and other transportation related topics. www.facebook.com/groups/mndotnorthwest/. For a complete list of projects for 2023, please visit www.mndot.gov/d2.