Rescheduled: Overnight closure of I-94 in Minneapolis for bridge deck pour begins July 28
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation has postponed the overnight closure of I-94 in both directions between I-394 and I-694, originally scheduled to begin Thursday, July 27, due to inclement weather. The overnight closure will now begin Friday, July 28.
Crews need this closure of I-94 to pour the deck for the Plymouth Ave. bridge that crosses over I-94. Motorists will be detoured using I-394 to Highway 169 to I-694.
Beginning at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, July 28, MnDOT crews will close the ramp from eastbound I-94 to Hwy 55/4th St. N./7th St. Then from 10 p.m. Friday, July 28 through 5:00 a.m., Saturday, July 29, I-94 will be closed both directions between I-394 and I-694.
The following ramps to I-94 will be closed:
- Southbound Hwy 252 to eastbound I-94/Southbound Hwy 100/Eastbound I-694
- 53rd Ave./W. Lyndale Ave. to eastbound I-94
- 49th Ave./48th Ave/N. Lyndale Ave. to eastbound I-94
- Dowling Ave. to eastbound I-94
- Broadway Ave. to eastbound I-94
- Eastbound I-394 to westbound I-94
- Lyndale Ave S. to westbound I-94 at Lyndale Ave N./Plymouth Ave split
MnDOT will also close the following ramps from 10:00 p.m. on Friday, July 28 through 12:00 p.m. Saturday, July 29:
- Lyndale Ave. S. to westbound I-94 at I-394 split
- N. 3rd St. to westbound I-94
All construction activities and traffic impacts are weather and schedule permitting and subject to change. The Minnesota Department of Transportation urges motorists to always be attentive, drive with caution, and slowdown in work zones where workers are present.
For more information, visit the project webpage at mndot.gov/metro/projects/plymouthavenue.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org.