Overnight closure of I-94 in Minneapolis for bridge deck pour begins July 27
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – On Thursday, July 27, the Minnesota Department of Transportation will close I-94 in both directions between I-394 and I-694. Crews need this closure of I-94 to pour the deck for the Plymouth Ave. bridge that crosses over I-94. Motorists will be detoured using I-394 to Highway 169 to I-694.
Beginning at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 27, MnDOT crews will close the ramp from eastbound I-94 to Hwy 55/4th St. N./7th St. Then from 10 p.m. Thursday, July 27 through 5:00 a.m., Friday, July 28, I-94 will be closed both directions between I-394 and I-694.
The following ramps to I-94 will be closed during this closure:
- Southbound Hwy 252 to eastbound I-94/Southbound Hwy100/Eastbound I-694
- 53rd Ave/W. Lyndale Ave. to eastbound I-94
- 49th Ave./48th Ave/N. Lyndale Ave. to eastbound I-94
- Dowling Ave. to eastbound I-94
- Broadway Ave. to eastbound I-94
- Eastbound I-394 to westbound I-94
- Lyndale Ave S. to westbound I-94 at Lyndale Ave N./Plymouth Ave split
MnDOT will also close the following ramps from 10 p.m. on Thursday, July 27 through 12:00 p.m., Friday, July 28:
- Lyndale Ave. S. to westbound I-94 at I-394 split
- N. 3rd St. to westbound I-94
All construction activities and traffic impacts are weather and schedule permitting and subject to change. The Minnesota Department of Transportation urges motorists to always be attentive, drive with caution, and slowdown in work zones where workers are present.
For more information, visit the project webpage at https://www.mndot.gov/metro/projects/plymouthavenue.