Lane closures on Hwy 55 from Brooten to Belgrade begin July 13
ST. CLOUD, Minn.— Motorists can expect periodic single-lane closures and delays as crews begin to resurface Highway 55 between Brooten and east of Belgrade, Stearns County, on Thursday, July 13, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Work will occur weekdays during daylight hours on good weather days until July 19.
Motorists will encounter periodic lane closures, lane shifts, flaggers and use of a pilot car. Work will be done in segments, so expect the work area to change and move.
MnDOT advises travelers to always slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution. Other reminders:
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
MnDOT will micro-surface the pavement, which will renew the road surface and seal minor cracks, pavement ruts and other irregularities. When complete, motorists will notice a smoother ride.
# # #