Road construction on Highways 75 and 171 north of Hallock starts May 15
Motorists will experience detours throughout the construction project
BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced today beginning May 15, motorists on Highway 75 north of Hallock can expect a detour as construction begins. The project includes replacing culverts and resurfacing Highway 75 between Hallock and the Canadian border as well as Highway 171 between St. Vincent and the North Dakota border.
The contractor for this $9.3 million dollar project is Knife River. This project will create a safer, longer lasting driving surface as well as improve drainage. It is estimated to be complete by mid-July, weather permitting. Visit the project website below for more information as well as a detour map.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Please join the MnDOT District 2 Facebook group for updates on construction, road conditions and other transportation related topics. Visit the District 2 homepage for a complete list of projects for 2021.