Studies, Plans and Reports
I-35W@94: Downtown to Crosstown
A five-year project is underway at I-35W and I-94 in Minneapolis that will impact the MnPASS lanes.
To learn more about this project, including a complete list of traffic impacts and detours, visit: www.mndot.gov/35w94.
Here are some of the current and upcoming traffic impacts:
Updated November 19
Upcoming road closures
Details will be provided as they become available.
Current long-term lane closures
June 18, 2018 through fall 2021
- NB I-35W is reduced to three lanes from 43rd St. to downtown Minneapolis
June 18, 2018 through fall 2019
- SB I-35W is reduced to two lanes from downtown Minneapolis to 43rd St.
Current long-term ramp closures
June 15, 2018 through fall 2020
- SB I-35W to 35th St. is closed
June 8 through summer 2019
- Access to downtown (5th Ave. S.) is closed from NB I-35W
June 8, 2018 through fall 2021
- Access out of downtown (12th St./4th Ave.) is closed to SB I-35W
Current bridge closures
June 15, 2018 through fall 2021
- 24th St. pedestrian bridge is closed over I-35W