About this project
- Repair and resurface the bridge over the Redwood River, just west of US Hwy 71 in Redwood Falls.
- Remove and replace deteriorated concrete deck and approach panels.
- Repair or replace bridge railing.
- Update pedestrian access to west side of bridge to meet ADA standards.
- The majority of work will be done under traffic.
- A detour of Hwy 19 will be required up to three times for about one week each time to complete concrete work (see detour route above). Watch for message boards and/or sign up for email updates to receive notice of when the detour will be in place.
- One half of the bridge deck will be removed at a time, which allows the other half of the bridge to be used for traffic during much of construction.
- Bridge lanes will be reduced from twelve feet to ten feet and can accommodate two-way traffic.
- No oversize, overweight permits will be issued in the work zone during the project.
- If a temporary lane closure becomes necessary during construction, flaggers will direct traffic across the bridge.
June 24, 2022
- The bridge and work zone on Hwy 19 are closed to all traffic for approximately three days while the concrete work cures. Follow detour route shown in map above until the bridge reopens.