Upcoming traffic impacts
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will begin a project to seal an artesian well that’s located on MnDOT right of way along Highway 87 near Toad River.
- Oct. 28 - Nov 1: Hwy 87 closed between CR 39 and CR 33/CR 115
- Nov. 4 - Nov. 22: Daily lane closures. Automated traffic signal to be used for traffic control.
MnDOT will complete two related projects on Hwy 87 in the Frazee area in 2020/2021 and 2022.
Frazee to Menagha
- Tree clearing. Clear cut all trees and vegetation 65 feet from both sides of the center of Highway 87. Link to the MnDOT Integrated Roadside Vegetation Management Plan
North River Drive in Frazee to Evergreen
- Robust resurfacing (reclaim)
- Shoulder widening, with 8 additional feet on each side of the highway
- Centerline and box culvert replacements and improvements
Evergreen to the Becker/Wadena county line
- Robust resurfacing (cold-in-place recycling)
- Culvert work and improvements
North River Drive in Frazee to the south side of the Hwy 10 interchange
- ADA/sidewalk improvements
- Shared use path on the west side of Hwy 87
- Slight realignment of Hwy 87 centerline to the southeast to accommodate the shared use path
- Parking restrictions
- Railroad signal modifications
- Grade correction near Town Lake
Maple Avenue to Second Street SW
- City utility replacement (city cost)