Rulemaking for Public Transit Rules, Chapter 8835
The Minnesota Department of Transportation’s Office of Transit and Active Transportation is proposing amendments to Minnesota Rules, Chapter 8835, regarding public transit.
The Office of Transit and Active Transportation administers the Public Participation Program for Greater Minnesota as established in Minnesota Statutes, section 174.24. This program provides financial assistance to entities that provide public transit to people living in Greater Minnesota. In administering this program, the Office of Transit and Active Transportation is guided by the statutory purposes in Minnesota Statutes, section 174.21. Minnesota Rules, Chapter 8835 establishes the procedures and standards for review and approval of applications for financial assistance for public transit in Greater Minnesota.
- Chapter 14
- Minn. Rules, Chapter 8835
- House Research Publication: Rulemaking: Process for Adopting Rules
- Rulemaking overview
- Request for comments (Minnesota State Register)
- Notice of Intent to Adopt Rules Without a Public Hearing (PDF)
- For a copy of the Proposed Permanent Rules Governing the Public Transit Participation Program and the Statement of Need and Reasonableness contact Laura Nehl-Trueman at 651-366-4173 or firstname.lastname@example.org