Minnesota Crash Mapping Analysis Tool
Crash data and roadway last updated in December 2015.
Dataset is from 1/1/2006 thru 12/31/2015, as reported to Department of Public Safety. Due to changes emerging from the new Minnesota crash records system and implementation of the new Linear Referencing System (LRS) within MnDOT, regular updates to the existing crash dataset will be delayed.
The new MnCMAT version is expected to be released in the first quarter of 2020.
A supplemental 2016-2018 crash dataset is available (County and City Engineers only). Send your request to Girma Feyissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tara Olds at email@example.com.
Application and Instructions
- MnCMAT is under maintenance 12-12-19
- Users Manual (PDF, 4 MB)
Resources and Information
- Approval Forms for External MnCMAT Usage
- Case Studies - General Guidelines (PowerPoint, 420 KB)
- Crash Data Flowchart
- Data Key Filters (Excel, 190 KB)
- MnCMAT Material (PowerPoint, 18 MB)