Americans with Disabilities Act - Title II
MnDOT Policy HR022
Effective Date: December 19, 2019
View/print signed policy (pdf)
Please go to the MnDOT Org Chart to find specific contact information: Org Chart.
Responsible Senior Officer: Deputy Commissioner/Chief Administrative Officer
Policy Owner: Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title II Coordinator
Policy Contact: ADA Title II Coordinator Designee
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) fully adopts the statewide policy, Americans with Disabilities Act - Title II (pdf), HR/LR Policy #1358. MnDOT shall appoint an ADA Title II Coordinator.
Reason for policy
Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB) ensures that the statewide policy is accurate, updated, and that relevant interpretations of the law are considered. HR/LR #1358 requires agencies to adopt the policy and to appoint an ADA Coordinator to direct and coordinate the agency’s compliance with Title I and Title II of the ADA. MnDOT appoints two ADA Coordinators – one for Title I and one for Title II.
All MnDOT employees must comply with MnDOT policies.
ADA Title II Coordinator
- Direct and coordinate the agency’s compliance with Title II of the ADA.
- Receive and resolve complaints alleging violations of Title II of the ADA.
- Review policy every two years to ensure policy remains up-to-date.
- Ensure training associated with policy remains current.
- Work with Policy Coordinator to revise policy, as needed.
- Communicate new policies as well as revisions, reviews, and retirements to stakeholders.
Resources and Related information
- Business Data Catalog (BDC) - accessible from employee Intranet
- MnDOT's Policy Website
- Americans with Disabilities Act – Title II, HR/LR #1358 (pdf)
- ADA Grievance Procedure
December 19, 2019
This policy's next scheduled review is due December 2021.