Highway 19 east of Henderson and Highway 93 south of Henderson open at 4:30 p.m. today
MANKATO, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation will open Highway 93 south of Henderson and Highway 19 east of Henderson to Highway 169 at 4:30 p.m. today, May 22. The highways have been closed since May 14 due to flooding.
Motorists should travel with caution on westbound Highway 19 east of Henderson due to a shoulder closure.
MnDOT is temporarily restricting Highway 19 from Henderson to Highway 169 to a 7-ton weight limit effective immediately. The road subsurface is saturated, making the highway more susceptible to damage from heavy loads. Motorists should monitor 511mn.org for updates.
Highways that remain closed due to flooding:
- Highway 19 east of Henderson to Highway 169 (closed May 14 – open May 22)
- Highway 93 south of Henderson(closed May 14 – open May 22)
- Highway 93 between Highway 169 and Le Sueur (closed May 16 – open May 20)
- Highway 99 Minnesota River Bridge in St. Peter (closed May 17 – open May 19)
- Highway 68 south of Courtland (closed and reopened May 14 due to a mudslide)