Road construction on Hwy 2 west of Bemidji starts May 30
Motorists will see short-term lane closures through mid-June
BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced today beginning May 30, motorists on Highway 2 west of Bemidji can expect short term delays and lane closures as construction begins. The project includes resurfacing between Third Street Northwest in Wilton to Adams Avenue in Bemidji.
The contractor for this $1.2 million dollar project is Northern Paving. This project will create a safer, longer lasting driving surface. It is estimated to be complete by mid-June, weather permitting. Visit the project website below for more information www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/hwy2-bemidji-wilton.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times