MnDOT public meeting March 30 will provide construction details for Highway 57 Kasson projects
KASSON, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation invites the community to attend a public information meeting on March 30 to learn about the start of the construction in April in Kasson for the Highway 57 reconstruction project and the Highway 57 and 16th Street roundabout project.
The open house style meeting is from 4-6 p.m., Thursday, March 30 at Kasson City Hall, 401 5th Street SE. There is not a formal presentation. People can drop in at any time during the gathering to ask questions of MnDOT, the city of Kasson and the contractors, learn about detours and get information about how to stay connected during construction.
If people are unable to attend, they can go afterward to the project websites to review materials from the meeting.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, or need documents in an alternative format (such as braille or large print), please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest@state.mn.us or call 651-366-4720.
Highway 57 reconstruction project
The final year of the two-year construction project is scheduled to begin in April and end in July. It includes all reconstruction work from south of Veterans Memorial Highway/Dodge County Road 34 to south of 1st Street NE, including the roundabout at County Road 34 and the mini roundabout at Main Street.
The work in 2022 included all reconstruction work from just north of 1st Street NE to north of 11th Street NE.
Highway 57 and 16th Street roundabout
Construction is scheduled from April through July 2023 with the following work:
- Construct roundabout at Hwy 57 and 16th St. in Kasson
- Make watermain, sanitary sewer and storm sewer improvements
- Improve accessibility for pedestrians
- Construct a trail connection
The project is a local partnership project and is being led by the City of Kasson.
Stay connected, informed
- Check out other MnDOT southeast Minnesota construction projects and sign up for updates.
- Updated on winter driving events and closures? Sign up for our text message and email updates. Winter is just around the corner.
- Interested in a job with MnDOT? Career information for the State of Minnesota can be found at the Minnesota Management and Budget website. Come join us.