Road closures and no travel advisories lifted on most highways in SW MN
Highway 14 from Florence to Tracy upgraded to no travel advised
WILLMAR, Minn. – (8:45 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has lifted all of the overnight road closures and most no travel advisories in southwest Minnesota District 8. Highway 14 from Florence to Tracy has been upgraded to no travel advised.
Although conditions have improved, motorists are urged to use caution as blowing and drifting snow have created icy conditions throughout the region. Drivers are encouraged to check www.511mn.org before traveling. When a road status has changed, it will be updated on 511.
No Travel Advised
- Highway 14 from Florence to Tracy
Winter driving tips
- Stay alert for snowplows, which turn or exit frequently and often with little warning; they may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow; don’t drive into a snow cloud.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions.
- Turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off the cruise control and don’t drive distracted.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.