No travel advisories lifted in southcentral Minnesota
MANKATO, Minn. – (9 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has lifted the no travel advisory on state highways in southcentral Minnesota.
Visibility has improved; however, roads are snow and ice covered and slippery. Motorists are advised to reduce speeds and drive according to conditions.
- Stay alert for snowplows, which turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They also may travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow. Don’t drive into a snow cloud.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions.
- Turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off the cruise control.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Don’t drive distracted.