No Travel Advisory lifted on Hwy 30 in Murray County; Hwy 14 in Lyon County remains no travel advised
WILLMAR, Minn. – (8:00 a.m.) MnDOT has lifted the no travel on the following state highway segment.
- Hwy 30 Woodstock Corner to Slayton in Murray County
Snowplow operators are working hard to improve road conditions; however, travelers should use caution as the road is completely snow covered. Blowing and drifting snow may create intermittent whiteout conditions and slippery areas.
The following state highway segment remains in a No Travel Advised status due to high winds, low visibility, and drifting.
- Hwy 14 Florence to Garvin Corner in Lyon County
No Travel Advised means that the roadway has deteriorated and/or visibility has been reduced to the point that it is very dangerous to travel; there are reports of intermittent white out conditions; and some weather conditions can be severe enough that road treatments are not effective, and conditions can become life-threatening for stranded travelers.
Visit the 511mn.org website for road condition updates. View winter road conditions from plow, weather and traffic cameras which are also part of 511.
Safe winter driving recommendations
- Don’t drive distracted.
- Say alert for snowplows which turn or exit frequently and may travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow; don’t drive into a snow cloud.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions.
- Turn your headlights on (not simply the automatic setting) and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off the cruise control.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Sign up for email or text travel alerts at MnDOT's website by clicking “Email and text updates” under the “Connect with us” heading. Choose to receive messages via email or text message. Then, choose the “Southwest MN Travel Alerts” under the “Travel Alerts” category.