No Travel Advisories lifted in Kandiyohi and Meeker counties
WILLMAR, Minn. – (7:00 p.m.) MnDOT has lifted all no travel advisories on state highways in southwest Minnesota, including the following highway segments:
- Kandiyohi County – Hwy 23 Clara City to Willmar
- Meeker County – Hwy 4 Grove City to Cosmos
MnDOT snowplow operators are working hard to improve road conditions; however, travelers should use caution as most roads are completely snow covered. Blowing and drifting snow may create intermittent whiteout conditions and slippery areas.
Safe winter driving recommendations
- Don’t drive distracted.
- Say alert for snowplows which turn or exit frequently and may travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow; don’t drive into a snow cloud.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions.
- Turn your headlights on (not simply the automatic setting) and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off the cruise control.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.