Hwy 52 Hader interchange Nov. 4 ribbon cutting ceremony canceled
ZUMBROTA, Minn. – The Nov. 4 ribbon cutting ceremony for the Highway 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project Hader interchange is canceled due to forecasted rain, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The northbound exit and entrance ramps of the interchange and Highway 57/County Road 8 remain scheduled to open in the coming days. The southbound lanes and the southbound exit- and entrance-ramps are anticipated to open by Nov. 15.
The new interchange at Highway 52 and Highway 57/Goodhue County Road 8 at Hader is a significant milestone in the project, which will continue construction through 2023. The interchange was a key element that people discussed during public engagement in the design phase. The construction of the new interchange is part of MnDOT’s two-and-half-year construction project along Highway 52 between Zumbrota and Cannon Falls. The project will address safety risks along Highway 52.
MnDOT’s construction project along Highway 52 between Zumbrota and Cannon Falls began July 5, 2021. Year two of construction began April 21, 2022. The project will wrap up the 2022 construction work this month and resume its final year of construction in spring of 2023. To learn more, visit MnDOT’s construction project website.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.
Stay connected, informed
- Learn more about the project and sign up for email and text message updates at the MnDOT construction project website or check out all of the MnDOT construction projects in the region at MnDOT’s website.
- Sign up to receive text message and/or email alerts during significant road closures or winter weather events that affect state highways in southeast Minnesota.