Hwy 42 bridge south of Eyota at I-90 reopens after repairs
EYOTA, Minn. – The Hwy 42 bridge overI-90 south of Eyota reopened at 8 a.m., Tuesday, Sept. 20 after crews completed repair work, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Crews repaired the bridge’s steel and rubber expansion joints. Traffic was detoured during the work.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.
Stay connected, informed
- Sign up to receive text message and/or email alerts during significant road closures or winter weather events that affect state Hwy s in southeast Minnesota.
- Learn more about the MnDOT southeast Minnesota construction projects and sign up for updates.