Hwy 19 Redwood Falls bridge reopens later today
WILLMAR, Minn. – The Hwy 19 bridge in Redwood Falls will reopen by 7 p.m. It was closed Aug. 31 so crews could pour the second half of the new deck surface. Originally slated to be closed through Sept. 6, the concrete reached 100 percent strength earlier than expected.
This was the third and final scheduled concrete pour requiring a bridge closure and detour.
The project includes repairing and resurfacing the bridge over the Redwood River just west of U.S. Hwy 71 in Redwood Falls. Deteriorated concrete deck and approach panels are being replaced; the bridge railing is being repaired; and the pedestrian access to the west side of the bridge is being updated to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Find project updates and additional information at mndot.gov/d8/projects/hwy19redwoodfalls.