Hwy 19 Redwood Falls bridge closure begins Aug. 31 for concrete deck pour
WILLMAR, Minn. – A final scheduled closure for the Highway 19 bridge repair project in Redwood Falls begins at 9 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 31, to allow crews to complete the second half of the concrete deck pour. Traffic will be temporarily detoured to County Road 17/Laser Avenue, County Road 25, River Road, and Redwood 101.
The bridge is projected to reopen by Tuesday, Sept. 6, depending on weather conditions and the curing process.
The project includes repairing and resurfacing the bridge over the Redwood River just west of U.S. Highway 71 in Redwood Falls. Deteriorated concrete deck and approach panels will be replaced; the bridge railing will be repaired; and the pedestrian access to the west side of the bridge will be updated to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Find project updates and additional information at mndot.gov/d8/projects/hwy19redwoodfalls.