I-90 lane closures planned Aug. 29-31 for Dresbach bridges crack sealing
DRESBACH, Minn. – Motorists on the Interstate 90 Mississippi River bridges at Dresbach will encounter lane closures Aug. 29-31 during daytime hours as crews complete crack sealing work, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Work will begin on I-90 westbound then move to I-90 eastbound and the access bridge to the Welcome Center rest area. Crews will be cleaning out road pavement cracks and sealing them on the bridges. This maintenance effort helps extend the life of the bridge. Closing a lane on the bridge enables the crews to work efficiently, effectively and safely.
Short-term delays may occur while people travel through the work zone from early-morning to early-evening.
- There will be I-90 eastbound and westbound lane closures at the work zone.
- The Highway 61 northbound entrance ramp to I-90 eastbound and the I-90 westbound exit ramp to Highway 61 southbound will be detoured during various hours during the duration of the work. Traffic should use Exit 273.
- Access to the Welcome Center and the lock and dam via the east-west access bridge from I-90 eastbound/Highway 61 southbound will be detoured for short periods during the work.
Stay connected, informed
- Check out current and upcoming MnDOT southeast Minnesota construction projects.
- Want to stay updated on winter driving events and closures? Sign up for our text message and email updates. Winter is just around the corner.