Highway 19 traffic signal replacement complete in Cannon Falls
CANNON FALLS, Minn. – Replacement of the traffic signal is complete at Highway 19 and Highway 20 in downtown Cannon Falls, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The signal replacement is part of the Highway 19 repaving project that began in April in Cannon Falls. The previous signals were removed and a temporary four-way stop was in place at the intersection. Crews removed the stop signs this week and activated the new signals.
The majority of work is complete on the Highway 19 project with only some minor landscaping left. The following is the work that took place:
- Repaved Highway 19 from 5th St. S to Almond St. in Cannon Falls
- Altered pedestrian bump outs at Highway 19 and Highway 20 intersection
- Improved truck turning at Highway 19 and Highway 20 intersection
- Replaced traffic signal at Highway 19 and Highway 20 intersection
- Constructed new sidewalks to meet Americans with Disabilities (ADA) standards