No parking on Hwy 58 in Red Wing Aug. 4 for road crack sealing work
RED WING, Minn. – Motorists on Highway 58 (Plum Street and Bush Street) are asked to not park along the route between Highway 61 in downtown Red Wing to 17th Street on Thursday, Aug. 4 to allow construction crews to complete road crack sealing work, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Crews will be cleaning out road pavement cracks and sealing them on the 2-mile stretch. This maintenance effort helps extend the life of the road. Removal of vehicles from the route will ensure that work is completed efficiently and effectively.
Short-term delays may occur while people travel through the work zone. Highway 58 is also called Bush and Plum streets in Red Wing. The work should be completed in early afternoon on Thursday.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Find up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions at 511mn.org.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.
Stay connected, informed
- Learn more about SE Minnesota MnDOT construction projects at MnDOT’s website .
- Want to stay updated on emergency road closures or winter driving events? Sign up for our text message and email updates.
- Interested in a job with MnDOT? Career information for the State of Minnesota can be found at the Minnesota Management and Budget website. Come join us.