Hwy 4 reopens north of Cosmos, project nearly complete
WILLMAR, Minn. – The Highway 4 resurfacing project is nearly complete, and the road has reopened to traffic north of Cosmos. Nine miles of Hwy 4 was resurfaced from the north side of Cosmos to south of Meeker County Road 23, which is south of Grove City.
The remaining work will take place under traffic. Drivers should remain alert to crews and heavy equipment entering and exiting the roadway until all work is completed. Travelers may encounter flaggers and brief delays when permanent striping operations begin in 14 days.
Benefits of the project include a smoother road surface. Duininck, Inc., is the contractor for the project, which cost $4.5 million.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- To sign up for project email or text updates visit mndot.gov/d8/projects/hwy4cosmos.