Hwy 19 Redwood Falls bridge to reopen by end of day
WILLMAR, Minn. – The Highway 19 bridge in Redwood Falls will reopen by end of day. It has been closed to allow concrete to cure. Allowing the bridge to cure without vibrations from traffic prevents cracking of the new concrete, adding years to the bridge’s lifespan.
The Hwy 19 project includes repairing and resurfacing the bridge over the Redwood River just west of U.S. Highway 71 in Redwood Falls. Deteriorated concrete deck and approach panels will be replaced; the bridge railing will be repaired; and the pedestrian access to the west side of the bridge will be updated to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times