Corner excavations in Lincoln, Lyon, and Renville counties during July
WILLMAR, Minn. – MnDOT and its contractor, Bonnema Runke Stern Inc., will be performing excavations for section corners on three highways and two county roads in Lincoln, Lyon, and Renville counties during the month of July. The excavations are necessary to perpetuate corner locations from the Public Land Survey System. Information gathered will be used for future highway improvement projects.
Excavations scheduled for July 11 through July 14
- Hwy 14 east of Lake Benton at 210th Avenue
- Hwy 19 east of Ivanhoe from County Road 7 to 250th Avenue
- County Road 7 east of Ivanhoe from Hwy 19 to 290th Street
- Hwy 19 east of Marshall from County Road 73 to County Road 9
- County Road 9 east of Marshall from Hwy 19 to 270th Street
Excavations scheduled for July 18 through July 19
- Hwy 4 north of Hector from 835th Avenue to 850th Avenue
Excavation dates are subject to change depending on weather conditions and other unforeseeable circumstances.
During excavations, a hole measuring six feet long by six feet wide by six feet deep will be dug in the roadway. An image showing an excavation example is attached. Flagging operations will direct traffic around the excavation area. Drivers can expect short delays and are urged to use caution and obey flagging crew instructions when traveling through work zones.
Work zone reminders
MnDOT asks drivers to always:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times