Lane closures on Hwy 64 in Cass County begin June 27
BAXTER, Minn.— Motorists can expect periodic lane closures and short-term delays as crews resurface Highway 64 from Highway 210 near Motley to Highway 87 west of Backus in Cass County.
Lane closures will occur during daylight hours, Monday through noon Friday, on good weather days until late July.
Be prepared to slow down or stop. Flaggers will allow alternate one-way traffic with the use of a pilot car through the work zone. The work will be done in segments, so expect the work zone to change and move each day. Watch for heavy equipment and workers.
MnDOT advises travelers to always slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution. Other reminders:
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
When complete, the project will result in a smoother road surface and reduced overall maintenance costs.
# # #