Hwy 4 resurfacing project north of Cosmos begins May 23
WILLMAR, Minn. – The Hwy4 resurfacing project begins Monday, May 23. Nine miles of Hwy 4 will be resurfaced from the north side of Cosmos to south of Meeker County Road 23, which is south of Grove City.
The detour for Hwy 4 through traffic begins Monday, May 23 and will be in place throughout construction. The detour uses Hwy 7, Kandiyohi County Road 2, and Hwy 12 from Cosmos to Grove City. A detour and work zone map is attached.
Project benefits and cost
Project benefits include a smoother road surface. Duininck, Inc., is the contractor for the project, which will cost $4.5 million. Construction will be completed in late July. The schedule could change due to weather and other unforeseeable circumstances.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times