Flooding update: Hwy 175 closed west of Hallock
BEMIDJI, Minn. – (4:15 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has closed Highway 175 from the North Dakota border to Kittson County Road 34. The highways are closed due to flooding. Highways will remain closed until further notice and traffic should seek alternate routes.
Seven highways in northwestern Minnesota remain closed due to flooding.
- Highway 1 from Marshall County Road 17 into Oslo
- Highway 1 west of Red Lake
- Highway 2B - Sorlie Bridge in East Grand Forks
- Highway 92 between Highway 59 in Brooks and Highway 32
- Highway 175 from Kittson County Road 34 to North Dakota Border
- Highway 220 between Highway 1 and Highway 11
- Highway 317 between Highway 220 and North Dakota border
Open, but currently have water over the road
- Highway 59 south of Winger
Open and clear of water
- Highway 2 Crookston (east of Jackson Ave)
- Highway 92 north of Zerkel
- Highway 200 east of Mahnomen
- Highway 113- 4 miles east of Waubun
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.