Flooding update: Sorlie Bridge in Grand Forks to close at 10:30 a.m. Monday
BEMIDJI, Minn. – (9:30 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the City of Grand Forks have announced the closure of the Sorlie Bridge on Demers Avenue/Highway 2B due to rising waters in the Red River. The closure will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, April 25. Highways will remain closed until further notice and traffic should seek alternate routes.
- Highway 2 Crookston (east of Jackson Ave)
- Highway 2B - Sorlie Bridge Grand Forks
- Highway 92 from Highway 59 in Brooks to Highway 32
- Highway 220 from Highway 1 to Marshall County Road 5
- Highway 317 from Highway 220 to North Dakota border
Open, but currently have water over the road
- Highway 92 north of Zerkel
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.