Flooding update: Hwy 2 in Crookston reopened as water levels have receded
BEMIDJI, Minn. – (11:45 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has reopened Highway 2 in Crookston east of Jackson Avenue. The highway was previously closed due to water over the road. Highways will remain closed until further notice and traffic should seek alternate routes.
- Highway 2B - Sorlie Bridge Grand Forks
- Highway 92 from Highway 59 in Brooks to Highway 32
- Highway 113- 4 miles east of Waubun
- Highway 220 from Highway 1 to Marshall County Road 5
- Highway 317 from Highway 220 to North Dakota border
Open, but currently have water over the road
- Highway 59 south of Winger
- Highway 92 north of Zerkel
Opened and clear of water
- Highway 2 Crookston (east of Jackson Ave)
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.