Westbound I-90 rest area near Jackson closed for pavement reconstruction starting April 25
MANKATO, Minn. – The westbound Interstate 90 Des Moines River rest area near Jackson will be closed starting the week of Monday, April 25 for reconstruction of the parking lots and ramps, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The rest area is anticipated to partially re-open to the public in late-May, after reconstruction of the car parking lot and I-90 entrance and exit ramps is complete. At that time, public access to the rest area building will again be available. Reconstruction of the truck vehicle parking lot will continue until early July. The rest area will then fully re-open to the public, with major construction anticipated to be complete by mid-July.
Paving of the eastbound Clear Lake rest area located west of Jackson was completed in 2021.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times