Hwy 371 now open between Nisswa and Brainerd, however continue to use caution
ST. CLOUD, Minn. — (5:15 p.m.) Hwy 371, which was closed due to a crash near Hole-in-the-Day Bay in Brainerd, is now open.
State Patrol will continue to monitor the area and reminds motorists to slow down and use caution as wind and drifting snow continues to lessen visibility through the open area.
Safe winter driving recommendations for all motorists include:
- Don’t drive distracted.
- Stay alert for snowplows, which turn or exit frequently and may travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow. Don’t drive into a snow cloud.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions.
- Turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off the cruise control.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
# # #