Hwy 210 reopens, I-94 remains impassable due to crashes
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. (3:40 p.m.)—The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol have reopened Highway 210 from Fergus Falls to Breckenridge. Interstate 94 from Moorhead to Fergus Falls remains closed due to multiple vehicles blocking the roadway. Crashes must be cleared before the road can reopen.
Visibility is gradually improving; however, there is still blowing snow and roads are partially snow and ice covered. Motorists are advised to reduce speed and drive according to conditions.
Important: even if state and federal highways are passable, travel may still be difficult on county, township and municipal roads. Check with local agencies for their road conditions.
Remember, it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions after a storm.
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for their trip.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning.
- Plows may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.