Hwy 212 reduced to one lane in Bird Island beginning January 26
WILLMAR, Minn. – Highway 212 will be reduced to one lane in Bird Island, from 13th Street to 10th Street, beginning Wednesday, January 26. Crews will be replacing power lines. Eastbound traffic will be diverted to the center turn lane; orange traffic cones and signs will direct travelers through the work zone. Short delays are possible between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. while crews are on site. Drivers should allow extra travel time.
Work is expected to be complete by March 26.
Watch for orange cones
MnDOT asks drivers to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times