Crash on Hwy 12 west of Atwater cleared
WILLMAR, Minn. – (10:15 a.m.) A semi rollover crash has been cleared on Highway 12, one mile west of Atwater. Travel conditions are improving; however drivers may encounter scattered slippery spots and reduced visibility in open areas where wind is blowing snow onto the roadway.
Safe winter driving recommendations
- Don’t drive distracted.
- Say alert for snowplows which turn or exit frequently and may travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow; don’t drive into a snow cloud.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions.
- Turn your headlights on (not simply the automatic setting) and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off the cruise control.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Sign up for email or text travel alerts at MnDOT's website by clicking “Email and text updates” under the “Connect with us” heading. Choose to receive messages via email or text message. Then, choose the “Southwest MN Travel Alerts” under the “Travel Alerts” category.