Dynamic message signs installed in Marshall and Willmar
WILLMAR, Minn. – MnDOT has installed a dynamic message sign in Marshall and two dynamic message signs in Willmar. Dynamic message signs are permanent, electronic signs that can display changeable messages. The signs will be used to alert drivers to road and adverse weather-related conditions, such as blizzard warnings, lane or state highway closures, and work zone information. Other possible uses include abducted child alerts, travel times or instructions (e.g., slow down), and traffic safety campaigns. However, messages will be limited to ensure drivers do not become desensitized to the signs.
- Eastbound Highway 19, near Highway 23, Marshall
- Northbound Highway 71/23, near County Road 90, Willmar
- Southbound Highway 71, near Highway 23, Willmar
Additional project information
The project cost was $134,000, and H & R Construction Company was the contractor.
- Sign up for email or text travel alerts at MnDOT's website by clicking “Email and text updates” under the “Connect with us” heading. Choose to receive messages via email or text message. Then, choose the “Southwest MN Travel Alerts” under the “Travel Alerts” category.
- Join the Southwest Minnesota Facebook group for news, events, and updates.
- Follow us on Twitter @MnDOTsouthwest for news, events, and updates.
The dynamic message sign located on southbound Hwy 71, near Hwy 23, in Willmar.