Hwy 52 northbound bridge to open Nov. 9, Hwy 60 west bridge to open Nov. 11 at Zumbrota
CANNON FALLS, Minn. – The Hwy 52 northbound bridge south of Zumbrota will open Tuesday, Nov. 9 and the Hwy 60 west bridge to Wanamingo is scheduled to open Nov. 11 as part of the Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Travelers will see the detours lifted for both bridges.
The bridges are two key elements to be completed since construction began in July for the Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project. Construction will continue in 2022 and 2023. Mathiowetz Construction Company of Sleepy Eye, Minn., is the prime contractor of the $69.7 million project.
Other progress to report:
- Intersection of 57th Avenue and Goodhue County 14 Boulevard was reopened on Friday, Nov. 5.
- The connection of Goodhue County Road 14 to Goodhue County Road 24 work continues, which includes dirt removal and blasting of limestone rock as needed.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.
Stay connected, informed
- Learn about the project and sign up for email/text message updates at the MnDOT construction project website or check out MnDOT SE Minnesota construction projects at MnDOT’s website.
- Sign up for winter driving advisories in southeast Minnesota.