Hwy 14 eastbound on-ramp closed, detoured at West Circle Drive in Rochester Oct. 11-15
ROCHESTER, Minn. – The Hwy 14 eastbound on-ramp at West Circle Drive (Olmsted County Road 22) is scheduled to be closed and detoured starting at 6 a.m. on Oct. 11 for concrete repairs, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The work is expected to be finished on Oct. 15, weather permitting. Crews will be repairing concrete that buckled during the extreme summer heat. All other ramps at the interchange will remain open.
West Circle Drive motorists wanting to exit to Hwy 14 eastbound will follow detour signs using the following roads:
- Travel south on West Circle Drive
- Turn left on Country Club Road (2nd St. SW)
- Exit to Hwy 52 north/Hwy 14
- Exit to Hwy 14/Civic Center Drive NW
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.
Stay connected, informed
- Check out current and upcoming MnDOT southeast Minnesota construction projects.
- Want to stay updated on winter driving events and closures? Sign up for our text message and email updates. Winter is just around the corner.