Southbound Hwy 52 off-ramp to Hwy 60 east detoured for five hours, Oct. 4 south of Zumbrota
ZUMBROTA, Minn. — Southbound Hwy 52 motorists using the off-ramp to Hwy 60 east south of Zumbrota will be detoured from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m., Monday, Oct. 4 while crews place bridge beams for the Hwy 52 northbound bridge, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Here are details on upcoming traffic changes:
- Hwy 52 northbound bridge update: Crews will place new bridge beams for the Hwy 52 northbound bridge over Hwy 60 east on Monday, Oct 4, 5 a.m. and 10 a.m., weather permitting. Exit ramp from Hwy 52 southbound lane to Hwy 60 east affected.
- Motorists traveling on Hwy 52 south to Hwy 60 east will utilize a U-turn lane at 480th Street. Click here for the detour route during this timeframe.
- Hwy 60 west bridge update: Beginning Thursday, Sept. 30, crews will begin pouring the concrete deck on the Hwy 60 west bridge and remove concrete frames. Work is expected to take about a week.
- Motorists can expect lane shifts on Hwy 52. Signs will give advance notice of lane changes.
This is part of the Hwy 52 project from Zumbrota to Cannon Falls. It began in July and will be completed in 2023. Mathiowetz Construction Company of Sleepy Eye, Minn., is the prime contractor of the $69.7 million project.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones