Interstate 90 eastbound lane closure starting Sept. 27 near High Forest for concrete repairs on bridge
ROCHESTER, Minn. — Eastbound Interstate 90 motorists will encounter a lane closure on the bridge over the Root River near High Forest/Exit 205 beginning Sept. 27 as crews repair concrete, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The closure will be in the right I-90 eastbound lane of the bridge while concrete is repaired. Work is expected to be completed by Oct. 7, weather permitting. No detours are planned and westbound lanes are not affected.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones