Overnight southbound Hwy 52 closure, detour Sept. 21 for Hwy 60 West bridge beam placement
ZUMBROTA, Minn. – Southbound Hwy 52 traffic will be detoured at the Hwy 60 West bridge in Zumbrota using the off- and on-ramps from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sept. 21 while crews place bridge beams, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Motorists should be aware of planned detours related to the work:
- Southbound Hwy 52 motorists will utilize exit/entrance ramps at the Hwy 60 West bridge work zone in Zumbrota. Northbound Hwy 52 will remain open
The beams on the west side of the Hwy 60 bridge will be set during this time. The east side beams were set earlier this month.
The concrete bridge deck will be poured in the weeks ahead followed by railing, sidewalks and lighting.
This is part of the Hwy 52 project from Zumbrota to Cannon Falls, which began in July and is expected to be completed in 2023. Mathiowetz Construction Company of Sleepy Eye, Minn., is the prime contractor of this $69.7 million project.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones