Hwy 24 reopened east of Forest City for the weekend
WILLMAR, Minn. — Both lanes on Highway 24 east of Forest City, from 675th Avenue to Meeker County Road 14, have reopened through the weekend. The roadway had been reduced to one lane for repairs this week and will return to one lane again on Monday, September 13, so that crews can complete repairs in the opposite lane. Temporary traffic signals will direct travelers through the work zone. Short delays are possible; allow extra travel time.
Repairs are expected to be complete by Tuesday, September 14.
Watch for orange cones
MnDOT asks drivers to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times