Lyon CR 33 at US 59 in Marshall will close next week for paving
WILLMAR, Minn. — MnDOT crews will be paving Lyon County Road 33 (East Erie Road) where it connects with U.S. Highway 59 in Marshall, beginning Monday, September 13. Drivers will not be able to travel west on CR 33 from US 59. The junction will be closed, and a short detour in place. Traffic will be routed on Michigan Road, Hahlbur Road, and CR 33.
Paving is required following a culvert replacement that took place earlier this summer. Work is expected to be complete by end of day Thursday, weather permitting.
Watch for orange cones
MnDOT asks drivers to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times