Hwy 4 closed in Fairfax beginning September 13
WILLMAR, Minn. — Hwy 4 will be closed in Fairfax, from Old Fort Road to Hwy 19, beginning Monday, September 13, to allow for the replacement of a railroad crossing. Work is expected to be complete by Friday, September 17, weather permitting.
A detour is required for thru traffic. From Fairfax, traffic will be routed east on Hwy 19, south on Renville County Road 27, and west on Nicollet County Road 5. Northbound travelers will follow the reverse route.
Watch for orange cones
MnDOT asks drivers to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times