Hwy 247 reopens and detour ends Sept. 3 west of Plainview
PLAINVIEW, Minn. – The detour for the Highway 247 culvert replacement project will end the afternoon of Friday, Sept. 3, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Pipe lining and erosion control work will take place over the next few weeks and there will be occasional lane closures with flagging operations controlling traffic.
During the project, four culverts were replaced on Hwy 247 west of Plainview and several culverts were repaired. In addition, one culvert was repaired on Hwy 63 near Wabasha County Road 7.
- Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones